cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access point not working

AM
New Contributor

Hello - I’ve had issues with my internet for almost 2 weeks now. My upstairs access point is not working at all. Power light flashing. Have tried to reset that specific access point and the entire Rukus box in the basement multiple times. Can’t get any internet upstairs. The rest of the house (main floor and basement) have intermittent issues. I’m constantly having to disconnect and reconnect the devices on it. It was not working when we got back from vacation and I know there was a very bad storm while we were gone, so I’m guessing there might have been a power surge or something. I’ve already spent over an hour on the phone with AT&T and we don’t think the problem is on their end. Please help - thanks. 

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @AM 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for your recent correspondence and update.

This may be due to an older version of your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch can be resolved by an upgrade and no need of replacement since it is an software issue gets resolved by upgrade.

We will check version and some configurations of your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch to troubleshoot this issue.

To proceed with troubleshooting the issue, please follow the steps outlined below to access the Command Line Interface (CLI) and provide the necessary command outputs:

1. First, identify the current IP address assigned to the switch ICX-7150-C12P by your local router. You can use an IP scanner tool to easily locate the switch's IP address on your network. Here is a guide on how to perform this using IP Scanner free applications: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-find-the-IP-Address-o...

2. Once you have identified the IP address of the switch, proceed to access the Command Line Interface (CLI) of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P switch. Here is a guide on how to access the CLI: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-access-the-Command-Li...

If you can access the Command line the prompt should look like below:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

3. After successfully accessing the CLI, please execute the following commands and provide the outputs:

enable

show version

show flash

show inline power

show inline power detail

show interface brief

Please share the command outputs or screenshots if you encounter any issues or errors during these steps. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or require further assistance.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hi @AM 

Greetings! 

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Hello - your response was extremely technical in nature and will take us a minute to complete (I don’t know many non-technical people that understand executing command lines). Once we have a chance to try all of these things, we will let you know. Thank you. 

Hello @AM 

Thank you for your response.

We have endeavored to make the guides as user-friendly as possible to ensure they are easily understandable. Please follow it step-by-step.

We kindly request you to follow the guide and proceed accordingly. If you encounter any errors, please share screenshots with us, or let us know if you encounter any difficulties during troubleshooting. I am here to help and assist you in resolving the issue.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  

Hi @AM 

Greetings! 

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi