cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APs have lost power again! Repeated Ruckus switch restarts did not resolve!

Karupasu
New Contributor

Perhaps from a power outage, the APs have lost power and internet from Ruckus switch. Doorbell (ring) dead. 

23 REPLIES 23

Hi Imran: I am an engineer and still I find it so difficult to understand and execute this. The issue I am reporting is at my parents place and they are not Tech savvy. We have mostly MacBooks and looks like this needs a windows machine with ethernet card. Can you help replace this instead. 

I spent 2 hours with an old window machine we had. And finally realized it doesn’t have an Ethernet card to set IP address

image.jpg

for the machine. 

Hi @Karupasu 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response.

Apologies, as this is a software issue that can be resolved by software recovery process, we cannot replace/RMA the Switch as per our policies.

We have a guide link in the same software recovery guide I shared, previously and refer to other steps which are the same for both Windows and MAC. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Please refer to the video below for TFTP configuration on MAC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iviyd91HntU

Please make sure the console into the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch first in a separate terminal screen before turning on the Mac internal TFTP server.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran: I was able to get one of our friends who had done a firmware upgrade to help out. However the Router is still in the same hung status. Let me know what info you need and next steps

image.jpg

Hi @Karupasu 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Could you please let me know the error you are getting when trying the software recovery to the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch? Please share the screenshot of the same.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.