cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP’s heartbeat loss occurring every 12 hours

r_mendoza85
New Contributor II

My AP’s are dropping out with “heartbeat loss” every 12 hours. This has been happening for nearly 3 months. Have done a hard reset and upgraded to most recent firmware. Any help is appreciated. Thank you. 

27 REPLIES 27

Hello @ph07 

Greetings!!!

I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for your valuable suggestion. We sincerely appreciate the time and assistance you've provided.

Please don't hesitate to contact us with any further queries or concerns regarding RUCKUS Lennar Home setups.

Once again, thank you for your time and support.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

r_mendoza85
New Contributor II

Thank you for the advice. Would you happen to have any additional screenshots or videos of the process?

ph07
New Contributor III

You will only need two screens in Ruckus Unleashed.

First, configure the preferred master via System->System Info. I have seen advice on selecting the largest or newest of your Access Points (APs). In my case, I configured R710, which supposedly is more powerful than others (R610 and R510), as the Primary Preferred Master AP.
The "Secondary Preferred Master" option is not really important, as we only give static IP to the Primary Master AP, and other APs will continue to use DHCP.

ph07_0-1724973292652.png

On the second step, go to System -> IP Settings and then the first tab (IP Settings) to configure static IP for the master AP. I wrote down the values for all values (Netmask, Gateway, DNS servers), then changed the setting from DHCP to Static and manually typed new value in "IP Address" field. 

What exact IP to dedicate as static IP is your decision, based on what router you have and how its DHCP range is configured. I cannot provide instructions how to do it with your router, but you might be able to get some help from your ISP (Internet Service Provider). In my case, the range is 192.168.1.70 to 192.168.1.250, so I have chosen a free address just outside this range. I triple checked that this address is not assigned to any other device, otherwise it would lead to IP conflict.

ph07_1-1724973847652.png