cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd owner of Lennar home. Unable to set up Ruckus switch and AP

pantherx13
New Contributor

Previous owner couldn't get Ruckus to work and didn't use it.  Original owner disconnected all the cables.  Ruckus switch has power led green solid, rest of led's flashing amber after attempting a reset.  Both AP's in house have zero power it appears as no led's are lit up.  One blue cable labeled "dmarc" is connected to ONT port of ATT fiber gateway.  Remaining cables hanging in cabinet are red, blue, green, and one white.  Using a Mac computer.  Please advise.

Thank You

59 REPLIES 59

Hi @pantherx13 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Try to access CLI using Telnet from the MAC terminal as described below. 

Example "open terminal":

Telnet: Example

nc 10.0.0.132 23 (Format is : nc <ip address of the switch> 23)

If you can access the Command line should look like below:

????telnet@ICX7150-12P Switch>

If you can log in, please share the output of the commands shared previously or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any), and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

when I am in terminal on my Mac, I enter exactly what you listed as the first command

nc ip address 23 (IP of switch replaced in "ip address"

and all it does is nothing and goes to a new command line

is there something I am supposed to enter in terminal before the nc command?

Hi @pantherx13 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

The command you are using is correct. It should look like the below screenshot.

If still you are unable to access the CLI/Telnet, could you please try to access the IP Address on a web browser?

You should see the Switch Dashboard as shown in the below screenshot to confirm it’s a Switch IP Address. 

Please check the other IP Addresses from the IP scan results, by the name of Ruckus Wireless or Brocade Communications to confirm the IP address of the Switch and try to access it.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

I do not get the same response when entering the nc command you provided. I then tried to physically console in and it asks me for a log in and username which I do not have.

i also tried to log into the switch dashboard via web browser but do not have those log in credentials either to even get to the screen you provided a screenshot for.

Hi @pantherx13 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Could you please try to log into the Switch on the web browser using the default credential?

Switch default credentials will be as mentioned below. 

Username: super

Password: sp-admin

If the above credentials don’t work, you can try below default credential combinations as well:

If any of the above credentials doesn’t work, please try to factory reset the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch as described in below VIDEO and once you successfully perform the reset, try to login with the above-mentioned default credentials again.

VIDEO link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi