cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd floor beacon only showing Power & no internet while main floor beacon is working fine.

apatel15
New Contributor

Please help me.

I have 2 beacons (one on main floor and one on the 2nd floor). The 2nd floor beacon is showing a red power light but all other lights are off. The beacon on the main level is working as per usual. How can I fix the 2nd floor beacon? I've tried to change the ethernet cable into a different port and it still didn't do anything.

Should I have the beacon replaced? How can I do so? Will a rep come fix it? 

4 REPLIES 4

Imran_ruckus

Hi @apatel15 

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well.

Thank you for providing the details regarding your issue. 

Based on your description, it appears that one of your RUCKUS Access Points is not functioning and shows a red PWR LED, even after changing the port on the switch.

Please consider the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check the Ethernet Cable: Use a different, working Ethernet cable, as we have observed that ceiling-mounted Ethernet cables can sometimes become damaged.

2. Test with External Power Adapter: If changing the cable does not resolve the issue, try connecting the Access Point to an external 12 VDC power adapter, bypassing the Switch PoE port. The 12 VDC adapter is typically connected to your ISP’s Router/Modem-Router combo device. Refer to the screenshot below for guidance.

Perform a Physical Factory Reset: Once connected to the external power adapter, perform a factory reset as outlined in the following resources:

Please check if above steps help to get it work and let me know if you encounter any difficulties during these steps.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Imran_ruckus

Hi @apatel15 

Greetings!!!

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Imran_ruckus

Hi @apatel15 

Greetings!!!

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Imran_ruckus

Hi @apatel15 

Greetings!!!

If we do not receive a response from you within 24 hours from the timestamp of this message, your case will proceed to closure.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi