cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power outage caused loss of IP connection and loss of Wi-Fi to ICX 7150-C12P and RU1-R510

Clevelandda1
New Contributor II

Good Afternoon,

I hope you all are doing well. Based on the number of post that I’ve seen on the ruckus site for Lennar Homes. And unfortunately, I’m posting an additional request for your services. But I’m in desperate need for your areas of expertise that are outside of my common knowledge in the IT world, I have, however, looked at dozens of the post to try to resolve the issue myself without success. The bottom line upfront is I hope that you are able to remote into my system to resolve my issue. With that said, allow me to attach and explain some of the things in which I have attempted to do . 

First I will provide you with several photos of the ICX 7150-C12P That I have Factory reset well over 60 times. And the Access Point (AP) RU1-R510 That I have also factory reset over 20 times. (See photo)

IMG_5836.jpeg

IMG_5832.jpeg

Please note that the client light is a solid green. And the power light is a blinking on and off green. 

IMG_5787.jpeg

 I am also seeing a configure me 010920 on my Apple iPhone. However, without an IP address and AP connections and Wi-Fi connectivity, it will not configure to my former connectivity address. 

and you will see by the second photo that I am not connected to the Unleashed network on my Apple iPhone, so I cannot manage my account through the app as well.

IMG_5837.png

IMG_5838.png

 I have purchased a new laptop computer to try to help resolve this issue with Windows 11. I’m also trying to download putty and MonaXterm and this is what I have.

image.jpg

 I hope I have provided enough information for the problems that I’m having with my system no longer coming back active. With an IP address and Wi-Fi throughout my home I have two access points however I have disconnected one based on the instructions within the guidance that I have read throughout all of the sites that were posted. I will not connect The second AP until the system is back up and running.  

Please advise if you are able to access my system or provide the simplest of step-by-step instructions with what I have provided to a complete non-IT user.

Thank you so much for your support and providing all of the expertise to the Lennar Homes for their are many!

Clevelandda1

8 REPLIES 8

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Clevelandda1 

Greetings!

Thank you for reaching out to the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope this message finds you well.

I appreciate the information you provided. 

Based on your case description, it appears that your RUCKUS setup is not functioning properly following a power outage. 

From the light status of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and the R510 Access Points, everything seems to be in normal operating condition.

However, it appears from the picture you shared that the Ethernet cable from your ISP's (Internet Service Provider's) Router or Modem/Router combo is connected to the incorrect port on the switch. It should be plugged into any 1-12 ports, as illustrated in the screenshot below. Please disconnect the Ethernet cable and reconnect it to the appropriate port. Once reconnected, try accessing the Internet via the R510 Access Points.

Please let me know if it works or any issues in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,  
Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Imran,

thank you so very much. I knew that your IT wisdom would prevail so much beyond that in which anything I could ever bring to the table.

The cable relocation, Has proven to be the absolute perfect solution for my Wi-Fi issues.

However, The second question would be to regain access to the app of my ruckus wireless. It continues to ask me to go to settings, and I’m not sure why and or what to change in settings to gain access so that I can track the clients within the wireless app on my Apple iPhone? 

Clevelandda1

Hi @Clevelandda1 

Thank you for your response and update.

Great! Good to know that the network is now up and running.

The issue you’re experiencing with logging into the Unleashed iOS mobile application is may be due to tan older version of the R510 Access Points Unleashed system.

I recommend upgrading your RUCKUS Unleashed system using a laptop web browser. 

This process should take approximately 15-30 minutes. 

To do this, log in to your Unleashed system through a laptop web browser using the Master AP IP Address or by visiting https://unleashed.ruckuswireless.com/

For detailed instructions on how to upgrade your Unleashed system, please refer to the RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article linked below:
https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Upgrade-process-of-the-RUCKU...

After upgrading all your Access Points, please uninstall the Unleashed application from your device, then reinstall the updated version, and attempt to log in again.

Please let me know if you encounter any further issues or have any questions.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,  
Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Good evening,

The recommended download software will not download/Open on Windows 11. Is there a different/alternate recommendation for this fix?