cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

icx8200 v10.0.00

caliparcerito
New Contributor

trying to configure a new icx, and with the new firmware I have a couple of questions.

before I was able to use the router-interface ve in vlans, how do we do it now??

also,

How do we create the privilege exec password?

I keep getting:

router>enable

No password has been assiged yet...

Thank you for any help

19 REPLIES 19

Hey @Dejeh1 

Please take a look at the 10.0 documentation (security guide for aaa) as it will lay out all options formally. Quite a bit has changed. 

To auth enable prompt:

aaa authentication enable default

Regarding console aaa, there is no longer a separate command. Starting with 9.0, aaa applies to console automatically. 

I am still seeing fdp advertise command as available in 10.x

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Dejeh1
New Contributor

Hi @BenBeck 

I update the image to the 10.0a and tried running the ip route command and it still wont take it. Here's the exact error message below

SW09(config-vif-253)#ip route 0.0.0.0/0 10.30.31.1
Invalid input ->route 0.0.0.0/0 10.30.31.1
Type ? for a list
Node doesn't exist

Hey @Dejeh1 

It looks like you are in interface config mode. You need to type 'exit' once and get back to global config:

ICX(config)#ip route 0.0.0.0/0 10.30.31.1

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Dejeh1
New Contributor

Hi @BenBeck 

Yes I was in interface mode, I tried the step you provided and it worked! 

Thanks Ben 

Dejeh1
New Contributor

Hi @BenBeck 

I'll like to mention that during the image upgrade, I got the below error message after loading the upgrade image to the secondary partition:

[  348.898300] EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p1): ext4_mb_generate_buddy:757: group 1, block bitmap and bg descriptor inconsistent: 25101 vs 25068 free clusters

Though a show Flash showed the image was successfully loaded to the secondary partition, should I be worried about anything else?