cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7250-48 only work on version 08.0.30

ASaqri
New Contributor

Hey there, I have an ICX-7250-48 

I tried to upgrade it from 08.0.30h to any another version it's won't able to boot to another image I tried many version same issue.

7 REPLIES 7

ASaqri
New Contributor

FYI

I used the TFTP on boot menu and USB upgrade same issue ,the only thing I was able to do it change the image from  08.0.30h to  08.0.30r

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi ASaqri 

Ack and Noted. Could you please let us know from 8.0.30h to which firmware are you trying to upgrade ? 

Are you seeing any error messages when the upgrade fails in the switch ? Could you share that information with us ? 

Also please refer the guide in link below to check on procedures for upgrading the switch. Refer section "Software upgrade and downgrade " for any details. 

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/3448-fastiron-08-0-95-ga-software-upgrade-guide

I hope this helps

Thanks 

Hey Mr.Chandini

I tried to upgrade it to 08.0.90 and no errors be come when you upgrade, but issue comes after you finish the upgrade, and you reboot the device then, the device will stick on the booting.

To solve this, I went to boot menu and downgrade it to 8.0.30*.

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi ASaqri

Ack and Noted. Please note from 8030 you would not be able to do a direct upgrade to 8090 as you are moving from non UFI image to a UFI. Please follow the below path 

8030 -> 8080f (non UFI) -> 8090(UFI) image which you are trying to upgrade to 

I hope this helps 

Thanks