cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPLINK termination to the stack members and roles

ys
New Contributor III

We are planning build a new ICX7450 stack with 4 members, and will have two 10G UPLINKs to our core network.
These 10G connection will be terminated to module 2 (eth1/2/x) in different unit for physical redundancy.

My question here is to which unit we should terminate these two UPLINKs on this stack with roles below.

UNIT-1: Active controller
UNIT-2: Standby controller
UNIT-3: member
UNIT-4: member

My thoughts is that UPLINK should be terminated into unit 3 and 4 because of possible lower CPU utils due to member unit. But other guy suggests UPLINK should be on Active and Standby units.

Please let me know if any best practices or recommendation.. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BenBeck

In my opinion, I don't think it will matter much. The active controller is really the brains of the stack regardless of how you spread out the clients/links. I see a lot of two port lags get split between active and standby, but it will work the same no matter how you do it. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

BenBeck

In my opinion, I don't think it will matter much. The active controller is really the brains of the stack regardless of how you spread out the clients/links. I see a lot of two port lags get split between active and standby, but it will work the same no matter how you do it. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

ys
New Contributor III

Thank you, Ben.