cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stacking two ICX 7550

mohamed_el_harr
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm planning to stack two CS ICX 7550 for redundancy links to Access switches , my question is, it will be necessary to have duplicate DAC cable for redundancy or just one cable  is enough ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I would recommend consulting the latest ICX stacking guide here: https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/3453-fastiron-08-0-95-ga-stacking-configuration-guide

It is possible to stack over a single DAC but as the cost of these cables is minimal, I personally would recommend using 2x cables for additional resilience.

I hope that helps,
Darrel.

View solution in original post

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I believe the stack-links can be aggregated to increase bandwidth.  Please find a link to our stacking feature-sheet: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjoxNy9xt3yA...

The following statement is on the first page:

Stacking on standard Ethernet ports

Unlike traditional stackable switches, ICX switches do not rely on proprietary stacking ports and stacking cables. Stacking is supported over standard 10Gbps SFP+ or 40Gbps QSFP+ Ethernet ports. The same ports can be configured for stacking or to forward uplink traffic. This provides a level of flexibility unavailable on other stackable switches. Additionally, multiple stacking ports can be aggregated together to increase the stacking bandwidth and boost performance when needed.

I hope that helps,
Darrel.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

happytohelp
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Dante,

Even though one cable is sufficient to bring the stack up, we recommend 2x cables for redundancy and bandwidth.

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much for your quicly reply,

I provided to buy 2 of 25GBase direct application cable - SFP28 (M) to SFP28 (M) passive.

I hope that they are OK.

Best Regards

Dante