cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radius Message from NPS

Ingatel
New Contributor

I've got a Wired 802.1x implementation with a ruckus switch as the Radius client and a Microsoft NPS acting as the Radius server.

The below config line on the switch is the one causing me a lot of grief and I see a constant error showing up on Event Viewer on my NPS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

radius-server host 192.168.100.251 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 default key Mykeyrds dot1x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error on NPS: A RADIUS message with the Code field set to 12, which is not valid, was received on port 1813 from RADIUS client My ICX switch. Valid values of the RADIUS Code field are documented in RFC 2865.

Switch ICX 7150 version is 09.0.10c

How do I stop the switch from sending the Code field 12 thing to my NPS???

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Chandini,

I look forward to receiving your response

Thanks

BenBeck

Adding a note here. ICX7150 support is planned to be added in 10010e this fall. 7150 is currently not supported in 10.x, however. 10010e will have the ability to disable this. Hope this helps!

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us