cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ruckus 7150-c08p with two extenders doesn't show up in available wifi networks for setup

pintuaitha
New Contributor

Hi,
I have a 7150-c08p and two wifi extenders but the two extenders are not showing up in the wifi network for me to setup. I followed the setup instructions but i don't see anything in the wifi available networks and i'm unable to proceed further. I'm seeing yellow light on 5g and 2g network and rest all are green. Can someone help me on this?

2 REPLIES 2

Mayank
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Pintuaitha ,

Thank you for posting you query !!!

I comprehend that in 7150-c08p you have two wifi extenders but they are not showing up in the wifi network.

I have a question for you here :

1>Are you able to see the wifi extenders on lldp neighbors

2>Are you able to ping the ip of wifi extenders

3>Could you confirm us the port status on the icx side on which wifi extenders are connected

4>Could you confirm us if the wired network is running fine by connecting a end client to switch and
then test if its getting internet or not "In this way we can isolate if the issue is on wired or wireless side"

Below command will help you to answer the above query :

Switch#Show interface ethernet x/x/x (check for interface up/down ,speed duplex ,check for the crc error)

Switch#Show statistics ethernet X/X/X (check for the error)

Switch#Show lldp neighbors detail ports ethernet X/X/X

Moving Forward If this issue is not resolved , Please log a ticket with the below link so that we will help you further

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

I hope this information helps you

Please feel free to leave us a message if any concerns

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Pintuaitha ,

Adding to the post. I suppose your query is more towards details noticed on AP side. If you are using Ruckus AP's you can refer the below links which will help you understand more about the LED indication noticed on the AP's. 

Link reference:

Below is a link about Self help articles related to AP's you can also run through them:

In case you have more queries or questions related to Ruckus AP's you can feel free to post your query in the below link:

I hope this helps you

Thanks