cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P no status lights

Fama09
New Contributor

whenever we lose power ruckus switch disconnects from access points but shows online. This time it showed offline on modem and has no status lights. I have tried to unplug and plug. I left it off for more than a few days and still no status lights. I’ve tried the reset button with no avail. I’ve seen other posts where this is the point of no return. Even if I get it replaced how can I keep it from dying in the future. As power is lost a lot in Aberdeen MD. Particularly for 1min periods. Long enough to restart and mess everything up in ruckus. 

2 REPLIES 2

Mayank
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Fama09 ,

Thank you for posting you query !!!

I comprehend that whenever you lose power ruckus switch disconnects from access points but shows online . But this time it showed offline on modem and has no status lights as a troubleshooting you have already tried to unplug and plug also you have tried the reset button but no luck .Now your concern is even if you get replaced how can you keep it from dying in the future .

I have a question for you here have you tried the below steps on switch :

1>Have you tried to use another power cable?

2> Have you used another power source outlet?

If not can you give it a shot .

Moving forward regarding you query on saving the switch from power surge , Here we always suggested to have the unit connected to an UPS so that there will no impact of power surge on switch.

If this issue is not resolved , Please log a ticket with the below link so that we will help you to process RMA

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

I hope this information helps you

Please feel free to leave us a message if any concerns

va10461
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Fama09,

If there are any power fluctuations on site?

Any other devices in same rack as Ruckus switch were power cycled at same time when Ruckus switch has faced the problem?

Is it issue with specific Ruckus switch only or the issue is with multiple switches on site?

In case, if the issue is specific to Ruckus switch, I would recommend replace the power chord connected to switch and move the switch to different power source.

If the issue is due to power fluctuations on site, it is recommended to have ups as back up to your main power source.

Note: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS if its addressed your query.

Vivek Alaparthi
Staff TSE | CCNA | CCNP | RCNI

RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!

Follow me on LinkedIn