cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7450-48P

kj707
New Contributor

Hello to anyone seeing this, I have a Brocade ICX7450-48P switch, and it needs an updated software or a new image for the operating system I believe. I have connected the switch to a PC to the serial interface, a DB9M-to-USB adaptor as instructed by Brocade, and using putty. The only thing that I see is a blank box, no info , it appears that there is no primary or secondary image on the device. If anyone has more information on this and which software I can download from the Ruckus website to put onto the switch, I would appreciate it. Also what steps to follow in putting the software onto the switch. Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

BenBeck

Hey @kj707 

Does your console setup work on other switches? Have you confirmed the COMM port in device manager? One of our SEs made a nice video on it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-focLKtYPk8&ab_channel=TerryHenry

7450 starts around four minutes. Please check that out and let us know if you still have issues.

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

kj707
New Contributor

Hi Ben, My setup did work on my other switch which is also ICX7450-48P, I have 2. So I know that the switch is the issue. Also I did confirm my COMM port in the device manager and matched it in putty. Which is why it is strange that I am having this issue. I will watch this video you have shared, thank you.

Are you getting any output at all?

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

kj707
New Contributor

I am getting output, the switch is being recognized in device manager.