cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7450 stack with rear 4x10GF

MarkusB1989
New Contributor

Hello everyone, 

Will it be possible to configure stacking between two core switches using rear slots and extension module 4X10GF? In front I already has connection with other workgroup switches. In the back currently there is 1x40G connection. I would like to switch to 2x10G in rear to have additional 8x10G to use, where part of them will be used for stacking between two core switches.

I read that there is possibility to use slot 2, but what with slot 3 and 4? 

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Deepu
RUCKUS Team Member

The ICX 7450 can support 4 X 10-Gbps stacking from slot 2 or 40-Gbps stacking from rear ports .In order to build a stack in slot 4 and 3 you need QSFP modules.

ICX 7450
Stacking ports Two 40 Gbps ports in rear or 4 X 10 Gbps ports as an option on front.
NOTE: 40 Gbps stacking and 4 X 10 Gbps stacking cannot be used simultaneously in the same stack.

Default ports Two ports: 1/3/1 and 1/4/1
NOTE: Default ports can be changed to 1/2/1 and 1/2/3 if a 4X10GF module is installed in slot 2. Use the default-ports command to change the default ports .

Note: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS if its addressed your query.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Deepu
RUCKUS Team Member

The ICX 7450 can support 4 X 10-Gbps stacking from slot 2 or 40-Gbps stacking from rear ports .In order to build a stack in slot 4 and 3 you need QSFP modules.

ICX 7450
Stacking ports Two 40 Gbps ports in rear or 4 X 10 Gbps ports as an option on front.
NOTE: 40 Gbps stacking and 4 X 10 Gbps stacking cannot be used simultaneously in the same stack.

Default ports Two ports: 1/3/1 and 1/4/1
NOTE: Default ports can be changed to 1/2/1 and 1/2/3 if a 4X10GF module is installed in slot 2. Use the default-ports command to change the default ports .

Note: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS if its addressed your query.

ii2shopeee
New Contributor

Its very helpful for us Thanks for this...

Regards,
i2shoppe