cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150 connecting to ICX 7850

kk1313
New Contributor III

Hello, 

I have an ICX 7850 (08.0.95g) as my distributed core. I can connect 7250s just fine, but I cannot link 7150s (08.0.95g). I've tried the connection with both multimode and single mode. The sfp modules match, the speed-duplex matches, the vlan's match. The media is validated on both ports. Any ideas here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Down at layer 1. Could you try this?

ICX(config-if-e10000-1/2/2)#gig-default neg-off

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Down at layer 1. Could you try this?

ICX(config-if-e10000-1/2/2)#gig-default neg-off

kk1313
New Contributor III

That seems to have done the trick! Can you explain why that is?

Nice! I believe that fiber port does not have auto-neg capability. That command is basically forcing it to listen to configuration. 

kk1313
New Contributor III

Ah, well then that would make sense. Thanks so much for the assistance. This worked on my test environment, now I can try it on my production switches.

Out of curiosity: I see in the documentation that "When Gbps negotiation mode is turned off (using the gig-default neg-off command), the device may inadvertently take down both ends
of a link. This is a hardware limitation for which there is currently no workaround."

How likely is this to happen?

No problem at all. I think that is a warning if your link is already up this command could bring it down as you are disrupting any prior negotiation. You could also see a flip at initial configuration, but it will come up if configured properly.