cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150-24P - Date/Time errors

Phantom_Jock
New Contributor

Greetings,

Our company manages several hundred Ruckus  ICX 7150's over many geographies and my question concerns these switches not remembering Date/Time settings. I have frequently configured switches with manual Time Zone, Date & Time information, saved the configuration and although many remember the new configuration, an alarming number of these switches don't! When I go back to them, they're reliving the year 2000 all over again! As I've been in the industry a good few decades, this behaviour puts me in mind of early PCs with those large square CMOS batteries that were continually forgetting the date. Do these switches rely on batteries for the CMOS memory? Also, a big oversight is the lack of NTP capability on the ICX switches when wanting them to coexist with other devices. I'm guessing that this can't be fixed with a firmware upgrade! Can anyone recommend a fix for the ICX 7150-XXP's habit of forgetting dates?

Thanks,

Steve @WorldVue 

1 REPLY 1

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Phantom_Jock

Thank you for reaching us

• Could you help me with the current firmware version running on the switch ? You can run "show version " to check the version details. 
  • Could you please let me know if you are using NTP server for time or manually configuring time setting on the switch ?
  • Is the switch model where you are seeing problem 7150-24P model or are there other models of switches seeing similar issue ?
  • Are you looking for more details about how to set the switches point to NTP server to sync the timing ?

Thanks