cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware solution for Dual WAN gateway to gateway VPN

brendan_boyle
New Contributor

Hello,

I am looking to connect 2 geographically distant (> 5 miles) sites. Both sites have dual WAN fail over, and dynamic IP's from each ISP. I am looking for a hardware (or general solution) recommendation to allow a secure connection between both sites that could withstand a WAN fail over at either or both sites.

This is a small group of computers (<10) with low bandwidth (< 1MB/hour) requirements.

Does Ruckus offers any hardware solution which can help with above setup?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Brandan,

You have posted the query under Access points and I don't see your query matching with AP feature set.

Could you confirm what devices you are using and review if question is posted under correct product category?

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

@syamantak_omer

Currently, I don't have any hardware, I am looking for a suggestion on what to buy for this case. More than happy to move this to the right category. What should I choose?

Thank you,

Brendan

Hi Brendan,

If I only talk about covering site to site connection over WiFi, then you can use our P2P bridges P300 which can connect your two sites as a L2 connection.

For routing and VPN part, you have to rely on your site router/firewall/gateway to secure the traffic between site-A to site-B.

Please confirm if this is what you are looking for?

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

@syamantak_omer 

I am a bit embarrassed, as I am not looking for a wireless solution, due to the distance. I had someone suggest on reddit that Ruckus could be a great hardware solution. When I posted my question, my selection of access point was really wrong.

But my question is about the second option.