cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERSPAN & RSPAN function work with cisco switch

jjchiou
New Contributor

When the ruckus switch (ICX 7850) is connected to the cisco switch, can the ERSPAN & RSPAN function work normally?

6 REPLIES 6

jdryan

Hi jjchiou,

Thank you for reaching us out on the query.
With regards to the RSPAN settings, with Cross vendor environment we would need to check if the same can work or otherwise.

Could you help us with below so that we could check into it further,

• Would the mirrored traffic from the 7850s traverse through connected Cisco Peer ?
  • In case of RSPAN, would the RSPAN vlan also traverse though Cisco device prior to reaching the intended Host ?
  • Could you share a brief layout/topology diagram of the connections would be between 7850 and Cisco connected peer and path that would be taken by the RSPAN vlan ?

Thanks  !!

-Joshua

jjchiou
New Contributor

Would the mirrored traffic from the 7850s traverse through connected Cisco Peer ? ( I don’t know if mirrored traffic from the 7850s traverse through connected Cisco Peer or mirrored traffic from the cisco traverse through connected 7850 Peer)

User just want check Ruckus ICX 7850-48F peering with the cisco switch , the ERSPAN function is work well 。

by the way , I ca't reply your mail directly 。

jjchiou
New Contributor

and I can't upload a image as you asked。

jdryan

Hi jjchiou,

Here as the question is specific on interoperability, would need to know exactly how/what its intended use case would be, as with that we could check further specifically with respect to the bit thats in question.
You should be able to attach the Topology snap/picture on to the comment, with that it would be easier for to follow the flow of traffic and understand the query better.

-Joshua