cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crestron DM NVX Network Requirements on Ruckus ICX 7150 switches

dspjones
New Contributor

We are implementing a signage solution where our AV team is using a product called Visix.  They are using Crestron NVX for the (in their words) "transport" portion of the solution.  I was given a document outlining the requirements for the network switches (Ruckus ICX 7150 48PF 4X10GR's).

The solution utilizes a multicast VLAN and has the following requirements:

IGMPv2 snooping enabled (globally or on the vlan - the vlan is recommended if the switch carries other vlans)
IGMPv2 querier enabled - (recommend only 1 on the network)
Fast-leave enabled

In the case of traffic that spans multiple switches (ours does), they say:
uplinks must be properly configured to support multicast traffic.

So to that end I have enabled the following on all of the switches in this solution on the vlan designated for multicast:
vlan 32 name "NVX Multicast" by port
multicast passive
multicast fast-leave-v2
multicast version 2

The querier in our case is an existing HP Aruba 3810 switch and so I have not defined a querier on the Ruckus switches.

My question is, are the settings above the correct way to implement IGMP snooping and fastleave?  The reason for the question is, when I try to 'sh IP igmp ......' on any of the ruckus switches, it tells me IGMP is disabled.  BUT, the solution seems to be working.  However, if I do a 'sh IP multicast traffic' (or other commands) it does return information.  I just want to make sure that it is enabled correctly on these switches.  I am very new to ICX switching. 

Any info is helpful and appreciated.  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Dspjones

Thank you for reaching us

• Could you please help us with which version 7150 switch is running on ? 

You can enable igmp at global level and check as well

Command:

• device(config)# ip igmp version 2

Link reference for above command:

Link reference for fast leave commands:

I hope this helps

Thanks 

The switches are all running firmware version 8095h.  1 of the switches is in router mode, the rest are running switch code.

Oh, and in addition the commands listed in the article for IP igmp version #.... are invalid.  

1FL-AV_sw(config)#ip igmp version 2
Invalid input -> version 2

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Dspjones

Ack and Noted. Could you try enabling below command at global config mode and check if that helps. 

• ICX7550-48ZP Router(config)#ip multicast active 
  • ICX7550-48ZP Router(config)#ip multicast version 2

Thanks 

dspjones
New Contributor

Those commands do work.  I stated as much in the original post.  My question was are those the correct commands because when you do a show IP igmp ________________ (fill in the blank with any of the possible commands) - the switch says that IGMP is disabled.

Additionally the document you linked me to shows conflicting statements.  Under the section entitled 

"Enabling the IGMP Version Globally"

It says - 

The IGMP version can be configured on RUCKUS devices in global configuration mode.

1. Enter global configuration mode.
    device# configure terminal
  2. Globally set the IGMP version.
    device(config)# ip igmp version 3
    This example enables IGMP version 3. If you do not specify an IGMP version, the default version is IGMPv2.

However, under the section entitled,

"Configuring the IGMP Snooping Mode and Version Globally"

It says,

IGMP mode and version can be configured on RUCKUS devices in global configuration mode.

1. Enter global configuration mode.
    device# configure terminal
  2. Globally set the IGMP mode to active.
    device(config)# ip multicast active
    If you do not specify the active keyword, the default mode is passive.
  3. Globally set the IGMP version to version 3.
    device(config)# ip multicast version 3
    If you do not specify an IGMP version, the default version is IGMPv2.

Those sections literally conflict with each other AND the switch doesn't allow the IP IGMP command because it is invalid.  Seems you guys need to fix your documentation.

As it goes, I believe the IP Multicast commands seems to be working and I'll go with what I have.

Thanks for your help.