cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7650 stacking. OS version 08.0.70dT231

RobN
New Contributor II

Attempting to stack 2 ICX7650. Have the same OS version level. Does not "know" the CLI command stack secure-setup.  Believe I need to upgrade to 08.0.95j.  Am I on the right path, will this level contain this command structure?

Thank-you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobN
New Contributor II

OMG.  I knew it had to be some tiny little thing, it always is.  Yup there it is, secure-setup.  Fantastic.  Thank-you.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

BenBeck

Hey @RobN 

Did you do 'stack enable' on the active controller? Also, I wrote a pretty extensive guide here that you may want to take a look at:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Self-Help/How-to-Build-an-ICX-Stack-via-Stack-Interac...

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

RobN
New Contributor II

Yes, the stack enable was entered and accepted.  Thank-you for the guide, I'll take a look thru it. 

RobN
New Contributor II

Hello, a very good guide, but the 2 command examples you provided are not in these switches.  Under Conf t, when I do "stack ?", these are the options to use after stack:  disable, enable, mac, persistent-mac-timer, suggested-id, suppress-warning and unit.

The commands I have been suggested to use, are unknown to these devices.  

Let me make sure the stacking cables are in the correct spot.  Unit 1 port 1/3/1 goes to Unit 2 port 1/3/2  and a 2nd cable going Unit 1 port 1/3/2 to Unit 2 port 1/3/1  Is this correct?  

Do you have another option I can try?

Thank-you

Hey @RobN 

You need to back out of Global Configuration (conf t) to do stack secure-setup. You can do this with 'exit' and your prompt should look like this:

ICX#stack secure-setup ('stack interactive-setup' in newer code)

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us