cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BNA: Alert emails

clayton_taverni
Contributor
We recently tried to upgrade our BNA from 12.4.4 to 14.2.10.  The Ruckus tech I talked to said it wouldn't be a problem but the upgrade ended up uninstalling our 12.4.4 and doing a fresh install of 14.2.10 so we lost all our settings.

Our problem now is email.  We have it set so test emails work so we know that part works.  But despite having all the Alert check boxes checked, all we get are Info alerts.

I put in a ticket but the tech wanted me to manually create new events but I shouldn't have to do that, right?  All I want is the standard email Alerts.

Suggestions? 
13 REPLIES 13

techhelp24
New Contributor III
--->>>>But if I had upgraded to 14.0.x instead, I would have had the chance to migrate.
Correct! since you have upgrade to major release there is no migration available.
but if yoiu have a backup from old 12.x you should be able to import BNA 14.0 and then upgrade to 14.2.x

clayton_taverni
Contributor
Thanks very much TechHelp24!  We're going to restore the 12.4.4 server from backups and upgrade somewhere down the road.

techhelp24
New Contributor III
Is a pleasure and you are welcome.
If you need more info about BNA, see in my profile in Brocade Community.
Antonio

clayton_taverni
Contributor
Ok, it turns out that we can't restore our 12.4.4 server so I'm stuck with the 14.2.10 version I have now so my current problem is that this server doesn't want to send us email alerts.  I checked the SMTP settings (we're using smtp-relay.gmail.com) and test emails work and if I enable everything from Emergency to Unknown in my User profile email filter, I will get Info emails but nothing else comes through.  Any suggestions?

techhelp24
New Contributor III
I don't know you server configuration. I facing such experince when gateway on the Server is not set correct.

--->>>I will get Info emails OK!!! ....but nothing else comes through.
is probable there are no Alert for this reason you don't get any email excepted the info email