cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6450 stack w/8030n issues?

todd_adamson
New Contributor II
I'm working on setting up a 4 unit stack of ICX 6450-48s.  Firmware installed is 8.0.3n - Routing.  I am getting a continuous stream of the following entries to the console port:

T=17h5m20.1: Election, was active, no change, ID=1, pri=128, 4U(1-4), A=u1, nbr#=3 3, reason: u2: port-up, ,
T=17h5m57.7: Election, was active, no change, ID=1, pri=128, 4U(1-4), A=u1, nbr#=3 3, reason: u2: port-up, ,
T=17h7m59.8: Election, was active, no change, ID=1, pri=128, 4U(1-4), A=u1, nbr#=3 3, reason: u2: port-dw, ,
T=17h8m9.4: 1/2/1 goes down. delete direction 0, trigger election
T=17h11m20.3: Election, was active, no change, ID=1, pri=128, 4U(1-4), A=u1, nbr#=3 3, reason: u2: port-up, ,
T=17h13m56.9: Election, was active, no change, ID=1, pri=128, 4U(1-4), A=u1, nbr#=3 3, reason: u2: port-dw, ,
T=17h17m9.5: 1/2/1 goes down. delete direction 0, trigger election
T=17h17m38.5: Election, was active, no change, ID=1, pri=128, 4U(1-4), A=u1, nbr#=3 3, reason: u2: port-dw, ,

In addition the input errors and CRC numbers are steadily increasing.

I'm using the standard 1m stacking cables.

Does anyone know what might be happening?  Is there a different version of firmware (earlier/later) that I should be using instead?

Any help is appreciated.

Todd
10 REPLIES 10

BenBeck
Sounds good. It's interesting that all of the connections show CRC errors. Bad batch of cables maybe?
Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

todd_adamson
New Contributor II
Well, I tried each of the 4 cables with different switch/port parings, and the CRC errors occur for each test.  So it could be bad cables, bad stacking ports, or still possible bad firmware.  I'lll have to try some earlier code to see if the CRC errors are still present.

BenBeck
Pretty unlikely the code has anything to do with it. Maybe run a 'clear stat' and 'dset' (clears dm statistic) and monitor those prior commands. Maybe there is just one culprit. That would help narrow it down. 

todd_adamson
New Contributor II
I have been running a clear stat command and monitoring those numbers after the stack renegotiates.   On the current units connected, over the past hour+, one interface is showing 7826 CRC /1121 InErrors, and the matching interface is showing 18226 CRC / 2281 InErrors.

I want to rule out firmware prior to opening up a RMA case.

I just remembered that I have a pair of 6430-24s that I can try the cables on as well.  If the errors follow, that would at least rule out unit hardware issues.

BenBeck
Todd, 

Ever find anything on this one?