cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client disconnected from access point due to 4 way handshake failed (timeout expired)

yuki_framana_gi
New Contributor II

I have access point that is controlled by Smartzone 100. Sometimes, clients who have connected to the access point are suddenly disconnected from the access point and some time later can be connected again automatically. For wlan i use a radius for authentication

Based on the results of the troubleshoot that I did. I get the reason for the 4way handshake fail (timeout expired)

Image_ images_messages_5f91c400135b77e247913632_a3562c0ec81851675fe8d321702a29ba_RackMultipart2019091712569brvq-38def9ae-6aa0-4141-a620-2516a8d94f42-1204018269.jpg1568693940

Please help how to fix it ?

Thank you,

9 REPLIES 9

vincent_arrriol
New Contributor III
Sorry, no. They have asked for another packet capture and have been sitting on it since Friday. I'm definitely not thrilled with Ruckus support thus far. I've got thousands of students impacted and it's taking days to hear anything back. Even just a "hey we're still looking at this" would be nice.

kyle_williams_8
New Contributor
Did you ever get an update on this? I am running into the same situation with a wireless printer.

vincent_arrriol
New Contributor III
The latest was that we narrowed it down to a single model of Chromebook causing the issue. We have about 1000 of these Chromebooks (Acer c810). Basically they get stuck in this failure loop and it occupies all of the airtime....effectively stopping ALL devices from connecting to the access point. We took some more detailed packet captures about a week ago and I'm waiting to hear the results. I'm also talking to Google who is in the same position - reviewing all of the logs on their end. Sorry, wish I had more to share.

terencio_soler
New Contributor
Try enabling "OFDM Only" as a workaround while you get an SAT's response, in case you're not using 802.11b devices. I managed to fix this behaviour with an "Acer Aspire M" laptop

Vineet_nejwala
Hello All,

The issue with Vincent setup was isolated to be on Google devices.  It was apparently a bug affecting multiple models of chromebooks which google accepted.

The four way handshake failure could also be due to compatibility with 802.11r or delay in packet, it is always best to reach out to support to collect logs and help identify the root cause.

You can always reach out to Ruckus support with AP log and AP capture while trying to connect client or open up a case and let TAC help you collecting these logs.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Best Regards
Vineet