Did you mean: 

ZF7731 mesh to 7782-E is this possible?

jesus_olais
New Contributor III

4 REPLIES 4

rahul_koul
Contributor
Hello Jesus,

No they will not mesh. That is because 7731 is a bridge and can only work with other 7731s as a Point to Point or Point to Multi Point link.

Regards,
Rahul

jesus_olais
New Contributor III
Hi Rahul,

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

The reason why I come up with this question is because 7731 is limited only for 3 connections as PtMP. May I ask for your expertise how to accommodate 6-10 Subscribers/remote to 1 BTS (PtMP topology)?

the application will be video.

Regards,
Jesus

rahul_koul
Contributor
Hello Jesus,

It seems Mesh feature, which is only available with a ZD, may help here. However, to answer your question fully we will need a better understanding of your existing network (topology) and based on that we will see if these changes can be implemented. 

I would suggest to open a case with Support, explaining what you are trying to achieve with the Network topology

Cheers,
Rahul.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
It is feasible that you could have two Root Bridge 7731s, using two different channels, with right side half of subscribers into one, left side half of subscribers into the other.  7731s support 30 degrees segmentation.  You would configure the right side RB distance to the distance of the furthest right side subscriber, and the left side RB distance to the furthest left side subscriber.  If using the same pole to mount two RBs, separate them by 6+ feet.