cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way should i bother upgrade ZF7372 to 100.0.0.0.127?

beppe_st_lbrand
New Contributor II
Ruckus can't supply release notes for a regular user.
If i known this before we decided to go for ZF7372 i should have look for other products.

Never seen this kind of weak support model.

Kind regards,
Beppe
20 REPLIES 20

daniel_m
Contributor
So the Release Notes mention 100.0.1.0.45, but I can’t find this anywhere. They also mention a “What’s New in Ruckus Wireless Access Points 100.0” document, but I can’t find this anywhere either.

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Even as a Premium Support document, I've only got access to the same release notes file, that indeed does refer to an unreleased 100.0.1 firmware. This is not really unusual though -- I've seen previous 9.9 and 9.8 release notes refer to unreleased firmware versions before they become generally available.

As an end-user, I've not noticed many changes in 100.0 firmware for standalone customers. It seems to primarily deliver the benefit of single SKU cross-compatibility with all Ruckus configurations (ZD, SCG, etc). Michael mentioned that this firmware might have a fix for standalone mode band-balancing.

I did notice as a bug/regression, my standalone AP now creates the "island-XXXXX" SSID's. But other than that, I've not noticed any performance difference or noticeable Web UI difference in standalone mode on 100.0 vs 9.8.1.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Ruckus new base image AP firmware 100.x has been posted to the Support site firmware Downloads page since Feb 2015.

daniel_dedisse
New Contributor II
still get the island-xxxx ssid with 100.1.0.0.194 on each reboot even with mesh disabled

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
I just started a new post on the topic of Island SSIDs, and put together a KBA with details.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/answers/000004423