cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect 7982AP to ZD1100

james_arthur_43
New Contributor II
We have a Zonedirector 1100 and I am trying to connect a new zf7982 access point. The director sees the access point and even upgrades it to the proper firmware, but after the access point upgrades it disconnects and never comes back online. I have tried factory resetting the device and connecting it again, it grabs its own IP address and connects for a short time, but then disconnects and never shows as online again in the zonedirector. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9

joe_kelly_btzlb
New Contributor II
is the POE resetting the AP?  check the cabling to the AP, lease time on the DHCP pool try a power injector and directly connect to the ZD

Yes this is powered by PoE. The device never looses power from what I can see. The cabling is good I have already checked to make sure all the connections there are good. This is the last log that the Zonedirector has for the access point 
"Apr 11 16:50:55 u10-zd1 syslog: eventd_to_syslog():AP[2c:5d:93:10:13:20] joins with uptime [122] s and last disconnected reason [Update Backup Image] 
Apr 11 16:50:57 u10-zd1 stamgr: stamgr_update_reboot_info():AP[2c:5d:93:10:13:20] reboot detail:apmgr, Update AP's Firmware completelyApr 11 16:50:57 u10-zd1 stamgr: stamgr_update_reboot_info():AP[2c:5d:93:10:13:20] reboot detail:apmgr, Update AP's Firmware completely"

If I try the power injector and directly connect it to the ZD would I need to factory reset the AP again?

So I tried the direct connection with the power injector to the ZD. I first tried just moving it from the network cable to the ZD but it didn't show as connected. So I removed the AP from the ZDs list and reset the AP but the same thing happens. It is given an IP address after being connected for a short period of time and then disconnects

if you constantly have to reset the AP and you have others like it in the same controller working fine would indicate to me that the AP is hosed.