cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect 7982AP to ZD1100

james_arthur_43
New Contributor II
We have a Zonedirector 1100 and I am trying to connect a new zf7982 access point. The director sees the access point and even upgrades it to the proper firmware, but after the access point upgrades it disconnects and never comes back online. I have tried factory resetting the device and connecting it again, it grabs its own IP address and connects for a short time, but then disconnects and never shows as online again in the zonedirector. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9

Actually there are currently no other APs connected to the ZD. I setup the ZD at the beginning of this week and this is the first AP I'm trying to connect to it.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Does the ZD's LAN have a working def-gw router and DHCP server?
If you connect a PC to the same switch, does your PC pull DHCP/DNS info?
If you connect your AP to this switch and just reboot (no need for FD), it should
look for the ZD after it gets an IP address.

Yes, the LAN that the ZD is on has a working default gateway route and DHCP server. If the AP is factory reset it will grab and IP address and get approved with the ZD, but after the initial connection I get this message from the AP "Apr 12 15:48:19 u10-zd1 syslog: eventd_to_syslog():AP[2c:5d:93:10:13:20] joins with uptime [129] s and last disconnected reason [AP Restart : power cycle]" and then the AP never comes back online. I can't ping the address it was given and it never shows online in the ZD again. If I power cycle the device it doesn't respond to the ZD and its IP address is still un-pingable. I have also tried connecting it straight to the ZD cutting the network out of the issue, but the same problem persists.

Hi James,
   On your ZD's Administer/Diagnostics page, choose Access Points from the Debug Components section, and your AP's MAC address in the box below, then Apply.  Reboot (or FD) your AP again, and Save Debug Info after the AP has tried to connect again.  You should provide your ZD debug log to our Tech Support, to analyze in greater detail please.
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

james_arthur_43
New Contributor II
I was able to get my issue resolved with assistance from Ruckus support. In the end they had me factory reset my ZD and then upgrade it to the same version currently installed. Then I factory reset both APs and upgraded them to the 104 firmware version, along with going into the CLI of the APs and setting the director IP address. After that I connected the APs to the same network as the ZD and they updated to the same version as the ZD and stayed connected after updating this time.