cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T750 on vSZH 5.2 with vSZD also will not provide DHCP address for client connections

eddie_sanmarco
New Contributor III

I have looked at the troubleshooting area on the controller for my test client and I noticed the difference between a good complete connection from the R720 and the T750. The R720 provided DHCP offering form the DHCP server and the T750 did not so it never gets the DHCP address.

Any help is appreciated. I'm thinking is there anything special about the T750 that needs another option configured on the DHCP server? option 43 is already there and as I said everything works fine with R720 but I just bought these T750 for an outdoor event.

Thanks,

Eddie

11 REPLIES 11

I am saying the T750 is getting an IP address just fine. The client is not getting an IP address while connected to an SSID that "tunnels".  If we use an SSID that is Bridge @AP then we can get a dhcp address on that local subnet. So to me it seems that there is a problem with T750 and the Data plane tunnel to get an IP address to the client.

Client connecting to T750 APs for tunneled SSID are not getting IP address. However, bridged SSID works fine with T750 APs on same setup.

Got it!

Check if AP is connecting to data plane or not.

SSH into one of the T750 APs and run below commands.

get tunnelmgr
ping <DP_IP_address>
get wlanlist

If AP is connected to DP, then next step is, run a packet capture on AP and DP at the same time while connecting one client to tunneled SSID on a T750 AP. Once done, verify the captures for DHCP/bootp packets.

This may be a bit in depth troubleshooting so if you are not sure how to troubleshoot further, please open a case with all the available information.

AP support log (working vs non working AP)
get tunnelmgr output (working vs non working AP)
packet captures from the AP and the DP.
Test client MAC address

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

No this isn't too in depth.  I am currently working from Home and have a coworker who is workikng on this also from teh office. He is the one with teh support ticket open.  Maybe we shouldn't approach this from both sides?  I simply wanted to hear form someonet hat has done this with T750 on vSZ using vSZD for tunnel SSID

Hi Eddie,

I have checked if we have received any similar issue recently and found one (only one), which is still being troubleshooted.

May I know if you have an existing case already open for the same issue? If not, please open a support case and report the issue to support.

If possible, share the case number.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn