cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings to maximize performance 2 x R610 running unleashed

mark_van_der_sa
New Contributor II
I am running 2 R610 with the unleashed firmware.  I am looking for the best settings to get the greatest bandwidth through the devices.  A plain vanilla install gets about 50 Mbps on 2.4 Ghz and about 160 Mbps on 5 Ghz.  This is in a residential setting with little to know interference.  Does anyone have any tips on the best settings to get these WAPs humming?
  Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
What kind of client and what capability is it's radio (802.11n, 802.11ac, 802.11ax)?
Generally, distance from the AP is the biggest factor, and line of sight, or around how many/what kind of objects?
Avoid placing APs near any type of electrical equipment, or behind a stucco type wall that could contain chicken wire.

jardel_almeida1
Contributor
Hello,
You can set your aps to prioritize the frequency of 5GHZ.
You can also configure your pipeline to work with 80MHz (4 spatial streams), which would yield excellent throughput for devices compatible with 802.11ac / ax.
You can also enable OFDM, and bbsminrate 12.
Before modifying your network, I suggest that you do a speed test with wifi analizer, or xirrus, and share the before and after with the group.
OBS: The ideal would be to carry out the tests with 5GHz.

mark_van_der_sa
New Contributor II

I found the answer.  When you setup unleashed it asks you about the region (i.e. US) and there is an option to set the WAPs for Compatibility or for Performance, I initially choose performance, believing that it would better perform.  I was mistaken.  When I switched to Compatibility the throughput increased to about 450 Mbps.  One thing I do want to add is that Ruckus support was terrible!  The tech made a few changes which got the throughput from 50 Mbps to 80 Mbps and was ready to call it solved saying that you will never reach the advertised speeds.  Fortunately I decided to end the call and fix it myself.  Problem solved.  Thanks guys for your feedback.

Glad to hear you found the solution, and sorry you didn't get a  better answer when you first called us!
What was your ticket number, as I'd like to follow up (and see that Unleashed Compatibility is documented in a KBA)?