cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus R730 - what happened to supporting their product?

nick_s
New Contributor III

I just purchased a used ruckus R730 after not doing my homework only to find out it doesn't support ruckus unleasehed.  On top of that, they want me to be a premium support user to download the latest solo firmware (Solo Access Point 114.0.0.0.6565)?

What gives? I thought that Ruckus products were supposed to be well supported?  My R720 has unleashed, why not the R730 that I just paid $700 used for? Can we at least get the latest version of the far inferior Solo firmware to the public.  Obviously we have already spent money on the AP, why do we need to purchase "premium support" when you could just stand behind your products from the get go.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @nick_s,

Let me get the link fixed.

All solo images are supposed to be available without premium support.

I will update you, once this is done.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

@nick_s yes!  I posted the link above.  You should be able to download it with a ruckus support portal login.

nick_s
New Contributor III

Sorry, I should have asked, is there any way to download this without being a premium support user?  It would be nice to have the vulnerability fixes the newer solo firmware contains. 

nick_s
New Contributor III

"That file is only available to Premium Support users. "

You are right.  Though the latest 114.x code was from 06-28-2021.

You can try to contact support and ask for help but not sure what they will do for you.

nick_s
New Contributor III

Hah so sadly we've ended up back at the lack of support for this product.  I will try contacting customer support to ask for an updated firmware for vulnerability fixes...