cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus R730 - No Port Activity

Justice
New Contributor

Hi all,

I recently came into the ownership of 3 of these APs. Two I've been able to fix and side-grade to Solo firmware, however the third AP I'm running into major issues.

I bought a POE injector that is known to output the correct 802.11at power spec. When plugging everything in, the AP powers on, but the data activity lights on the port do not.

I have attempted to reset the unit multiple times to no avail. When powered on, the PWR and CTL lights blink green about once per couple seconds.

I believe this unit was previously setup on ZD, so I've been connecting it directly to my PC so it doesn't attempt to contact the cloud for previous configuration settings.

I've done a bit of troubleshooting with a local community and they seem to think the IC is toast.

Any ideas what could be going on here?

1 REPLY 1

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @Justice,

If you have tried factory reset and cannot access the AP by connecting a laptop directly, this means AP has hardware issues.

There is one more way, power up the AP using power adaptor and use the second port of R730 and see if provides data connection, if this also doesn't work, then you have to replace the device.

syamantakomer_0-1701969757958.png

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn