cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus R700 converted to standalone mode and now DIR light is blinking

perry_glover
New Contributor II
I installed the standalone firmware on a R700 AP that was running the Zone Director firmware. Now the DIR light on the AP is blinking green. 

How would I stop the DR light from flashing with the standalone firmware installed? 
7 REPLIES 7

andrew_giancol1
Contributor III
Is http or https up? if so you may be able to "turn off LEDs" in the GUI.

perry_glover
New Contributor II
Yes.. I am able to access the web interface for the AP. However, I don't see any settings to turn off the DIR blinking light.

Hi PG,

I don't think in standalone mode there is an option to disable LED. It is only available when AP is managed by controller.

Below is the AP's DIR LED behavior.
  • Off: The AP is not being managed by a controller (Standalone mode)
  • Green: The AP is being managed by a controller
  • Slow flashing green (one flash every two seconds): The AP is managed by a controller but is currently unable to communicate with it.
  • Fast flashing green (two flashes every second): The AP is managed by a controller and is currently receiving configuration settings or an image update.
Make sure there is no controller IP set on APs configuration.

Run below command to check if controller IP is configured.

get director

or 

get scg

If you find an IP is configured, please delete it by running below command.

get director ip del
reboot

or

set scg ip del

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

perry_glover
New Contributor II

Here are the results I getting after I SSH into the AP. There is no controller IP specified. The AP is running in Stand-alone mode. 

So, I'm not sure why I'm getting the slow flashing green light on the DIR led.

Image_ images_messages_5f91c44c135b77e247a0fefa_3a8af3998313ed8cb6ef08c7fc7353dc_RackMultipart2020082712550186o-723ba64b-a284-448d-82f5-ee695893c658-446487124.png1598534390