cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R720 SCG firmware change

b0mb
New Contributor III
I have bought an R720 from Ebay. I have tried many times to factory reset it using the button. Then the device successfully obtains IP address from DHCP, and I can log in using the default credentials (super/sp-admin) for one time (!), and all I see is a restricted UI showing me:

"Software Version: 5.1.1.0.3048" and also that "A Ruckus SCG is managing this device."

And I can't go anywhere from here to change the firmware to standalone or unleashed (which I wanted to do originally). Can anyone kindly suggest me where can I go from here?

Thanks in advance.
17 REPLIES 17

Hi B0mb,

Please run set https enable this should give you web interface, now you will get options to upgrade the firmware or you should perform the upgrade using cli.

Please check if you have compatable version for this AP, and try to perform the upgrade.

Hope it hepls!!!

Regards,
Abilash PR

b0mb
New Contributor III
Abi,

The GUI is restricted to see the basic infos and reboot/reset but I can't do anythings else. I think that's because it's managed by "SCG"....

Hi B0mb,

I am suspecting if AP is registered on Ruckus cloud and may be trying to connect to Cloud. This is why it cannot stay accessible for long after factory reset.

Could you run below command and share the output.

get scg

You may need to contact the seller and ask if they registered it on Ruckus cloud and have to get APs serial removed from Ruckus Cloud account.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

b0mb
New Contributor III
Hi Syamantak,

Thanks for your response. Here is the output of the given command:

rkscli: get scg

------ SCG Information ------
SCG Service is enabled.
AP is not managed by SCG.
State: CONN_GET_ADDR_STATE
Server List: Not found
No SSH tunnel exists
Failover List: Not found
Failover Max Retry: 2
DHCP Opt43 Code: 6
Server List from DHCP (Opt43/Opt52): Not found
SCG default URL:
SCG config|heartbeat intervals: 30|30
SCG gwloss|serverloss timeouts: 1800|7200
Controller Cert Validation : disable
-----------------------------
OK

b0mb
New Contributor III
Found out also that ssh tunnel is active on device which is listed as Ruckus Cloud IP: 35.225.236.82

rkscli: get sshtunnel
SSH tunnel service is enabled
SSH tunnel connected to 35.225.236.82
Cipher for SSH tunnel: 128
OK

IP is listed at https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000007992