cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R320: 24V DC?

jp
New Contributor III

Hi,

does anyone know it the R320 can also handle 24V DC power rather than 12V as specified?

Joachim.

5 REPLIES 5

vijaykuniyal
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @jp ,

R320 AP/any hardware should not be assigned power more than the specified  max power in the datasheet, it can lead to device malfunction.

Attaching Datasheet
https://webresources.ruckuswireless.com/datasheets/r320/ds-ruckus-r320.pdf

Maximum power consumption should be honored as defined in the datasheet which is 12 V DC.

vijaykuniyal_0-1664995641020.png

Vijay Kuniyal

Staff Technical Support Engineer

CCNA RnS | CCNA Wireless | CWNA | RASZA | Meraki CMNO | RACPA

jp
New Contributor III

Thanks for your answer! Sorry to be a nuisance, but this states the max. power consumption at the given voltage (thus the minimum voltage and current you have to supply), not the max. voltage you can supply to the device. The latter depends on the DC-DC converter(s) inside.

The background of my question is simply that one of my R320's won't power up over 802.3af any more and 24V/1A is easily available  close to it.

vijaykuniyal
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @jp ,

No problem, all my suggestion are based on the documents and the power consumption of the device should be considered based on the max suggested in it, which will help the device to operate well as per the design parameter.

However based on technical, the Power assignments from the DC supply can vary if there is a DC-DC converter available on the PS , or any power regulator in it which can minimize it and match with the datasheet parameter.

If the device is unable to Power via 802.3af, you can verify below things.

- test R320 with any other PoE source.
- Other devices supporting 802.3af power are able to power up via same port/cable where R320 was connected.

NOTE:  If all the testing has been done other devices works fine, I would suggest to open RMA case.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com

Vijay Kuniyal

Staff Technical Support Engineer

CCNA RnS | CCNA Wireless | CWNA | RASZA | Meraki CMNO | RACPA

jp
New Contributor III

> - test R320 with any other PoE source.
> - Other devices supporting 802.3af power are able to power up via same port/cable where R320 was connected.

I did both, the PoE circuit of the device is the culprit, it works fine w/ 12V DC. The device is long out of warranty/support. I guess I will open it and identify the internal DC/DC converter.