cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not enough electricity power provided with AP warning ?

george_wang_cdz
New Contributor III
After upgrading to Unleashed 200.8, my PoE switch powered R610 showing "Not enough electricity power" warning ? I am sure my PoE switch can provide both 802.3af and 802.3at power output and my R610 works well with both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSID running. any idea ? 
39 REPLIES 39

Hi Anton,

You can use the master AP's remote AP CLI feature which will run the same command for all the connected APs (only to the APs which are already connected and online in Unleashed) in once.

ruckus>
ruckus>enable
ruckus#debug
ruckus(debug)#remote_ap_cli -A "set power-mode at"

or if you want to run it on specific APs, then use below command

ruckus(debug)#remote_ap_cli -a aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff "set power-mode at"

In above command, aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff is MAC address of the desired AP where you want to run the command.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

@syamantak_omer, thank you, this solved the problem with my R610 which should not be a problem. 

Cheers,
Casper

Good to know that it fixed your issue!

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

How does this work if your AP's are managed by a ZD1200? What is that procedure?

Thanks.

ab_cm9fbwwroiuv
New Contributor II
Was there ever any additional follow-up to this?

I've had exactly the same problem as well since upgrading to 200.8. I only have a single R720 to test with (along with several H510s, which don't require 802.11at), but I have tested with multiple ports, multiple cables, and two separate Netgear MS510TXPP switches, all with the same result.

The switches autodetect class 4 (802.3at) PoE for all my Ruckus APs, so I can't find anything wrong on that end.

I'll also note that I doubt the workaround provided above is actually doing anything. Yes, if I manually override the PoE setting on the R720 to 802.3at, it will show "802.3at" on the status page, but I also still get the warning about power. I really can't imagine this option allows the AP to draw more power than it believes the switch can provide (which sounds like a great way to damage some hardware) vs. operating in a lower power mode than the current PoE source can support.