cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

r550 vSZ and Spectralink 8440

BlakeJ
New Contributor

Hello.  We have a new install with vSZ 6.1.2 with approx 110 r550's.  We are also installing Spectralink 8440's however the performance is horrible with the Spectras, 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz.  We have spent quite a deal of time troubleshooting as well as setting things according to the VIEW document and searching many posts online.  I did one remote session with Ruckus which didn't really go anywhere.  Tried a couple versions of Spectralink firmware.

What we have found is that a standalone r550 works great, right out of the box with no manipulation of any settings other than SSID and wpa2!  This evening I brought up an r510, added to smartzone and it works great too!  When the phone connects to a smartzone based r550 it turns to poo.  Not only dropped audio in calls but accessing the phone in general.  We have eliminated network hardware or VLANs as causing our problems and we have tried messing with nearly every AP and WLAN setting in the controller.

The environment is a bit noisy however the problem seems to only exist on controller based r550's.  I'm not suggesting anything is broken but the r550's definitely have some feature or lack of feature that these phones can't get along with.

Any help is appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

Dilshad_Zafar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @BlakeJ ,

Could you please share the below output from an affected R550 AP :-
1. get qos eth0

2. get qos eth1

3. get qos <wlan interface>  ( check whic wlan interface your SSID is mapped to by running "get wlanlist" )

Regards,

Md. Dilshad Zafar | Sr TSE | RCWA | RASZA | RACPA | RUCKUS Networks

johnsmith
New Contributor

This should be fixed in latest firmware.