cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not enough electricity power provided with AP warning ?

george_wang_cdz
New Contributor III
After upgrading to Unleashed 200.8, my PoE switch powered R610 showing "Not enough electricity power" warning ? I am sure my PoE switch can provide both 802.3af and 802.3at power output and my R610 works well with both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSID running. any idea ? 
39 REPLIES 39

jp
New Contributor III

I had the same problem, switching from auto to 802.3at also solved it for me. Good candidate for a bug fix or at least a remark in the documentation.

george_wang_cdz
New Contributor III
I just found out the solution that is to force AP PoE operation mode from "Auto" to "802.3at PoE" and reboot AP. I still don't know why the AP can't detect itself. bug? PoE switch compatibility ? Hmm... 

karthik
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi George,

PoE Switches negotiate PoE power after identifying other end devices such as AP, Cameras using LLDP-MED.

if you are using ICX Switches:
By default, LLDP is disabled in ICX 7450 switch. To enable it, the following global command has to be issued:
ICX7450-48P Router(config)#lldp run 

The switch will have to advertise power via LLDP and the following commands have to be issued either for the specific port e.g. port 1/1/5,
ICX7450-48P Router(config-if-e1000-1/1/5)#lldp advertise power-via-mdi ports ethernet 1/1/5

or if all ports have to be configured identically
ICX7450-48P Router(config-if-e1000-1/1/5)#lldp advertise power-via-mdi ports all

Also verify on Ruckus Unleashed AP if LLDP enabled
ruckus# show ap mac

If not enabled
ruckus(config-ap)# lldp enable

HTH
Thanks
Karthik

Thanks
Karthik.

anton_kuzmin
New Contributor III
Same story.
I have several R710 and R610 in my house
My POE+ 802.11at switches are Netgear gs108epp and Zyxel GS1200-8pV2.
Both supports 802.11at, but my ruckus AP connects only at 802.11af with limited perfomance
Q: Is it possible to managed my switch/ruckus to work correctly?
If not -what is the best price recommended switch with 8 ethernet + minimum 2 POE out to work with ruckus?

o! I found a solution - just manually set to every AP mode to 802.11at.
The only issue that group policy not working in this case - only one by one...