cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost internet whenever I'm using VPN service (IPVanish, NordVPN) on R600 in Unleashed mode.

chris_pangkereg
New Contributor II
Does anyone else has experience this as well?
The weird thing is it the VPN tunnel was able to be connected/established but then no internet connection after that.
I know it's not my Meraki MX Firewall blocking it because everything is working fine if I plugged in directly to the MX. 
And I know it's not my MBPro because I'm able to connect to my iPhone hotspot and it also working fine as usual. 
Only when I'm connected to my wifi SSID provided by the Unleashed R600 that it's stop working.
I don't know what it is. Everything is set as default on the unleashed. 
Is there anything special I need to do?
Any suggestions is appreciated. 
Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

abilashpr
Contributor III
Hi iamxCPx,

Even I have faced same issue in a country where VPNs are blocked, it has nothing to do with Unleashed as your VPN is being established, so Unleashed's duty ends once you get connected successfully to WiFi if you have internal DHCP server then getting internet is also is it's duty as VPN tunnel is being established then the problem is not with Unleashed. "DPI" this is what probably used at ISP end to prevent people using VPNs try Psiphon it may work.

Using popular VPN is a problem because those are the ones get caught.

Best of Luck.

Regards,
Abilash PR.

chris_pangkereg
New Contributor II
Thanks Abi.
I do appreciate your comment.

I apologize, I probably did not explain it very clearly. 

I should have added that the ISP also did not block the VPN when I said "I know it's not my Meraki MX Firewall blocking it because everything is working fine if I plugged in directly to the MX."

Today, I plugged in my old Netgear Router + Wifi All In One, and the VPN is working fine when connected wirelessly to that router.

Tomorrow, I'm going to bring home Meraki AP from work and will give an update.

It's the strangest thing ever. 

chris_pangkereg
New Contributor II
Just want to update. 

I used the Meraki AP and the VPN is working just fine. 

So this is what I have tried so far:

Router: Meraki MX
Wireless: Ruckus Unleashed
VPN status: NOT working

Wireless: Meraki AP
VPN status: working

Wireless: No wireless, connect directly to router (wired)

Router: Netgear AC1750
Wireless: Netgear AC1750

Wireless: No wireless, connect directly to router (wired)

Wireless: Meraki AP

Wireless: Ruckus Unleashed
VPN status: NOT working

So there are definitely something on Unleashed that's blocking or not allowing VPN connection.
I don't know what it is. I don't set anything special on the configuration. Just a few SSID and one other AP (R510) as mesh wireless. 

Current firmware version:  200.7.10.102.64

I have deployed Ruckus APs (ZF7372 to R510) at work with ZD3000 and they are allowing VPN connection just fine. 
But only when the AP is deployed as unleashed that I'm having this issue. 

Anyone else here that's having the same issue?