cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a zonedirector1200 and r700 AP I recently updated the new firmware and r700 showing disconnected

prahlad_chaudha
New Contributor
I have a zonedirector1200 and r700 AP I recently updated the new firmware. After doing that my R700 ap was not able to upgrade and the status stayed disconnected. I need help upgrading or atleast help me go back to where it works.

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Prahlad,

Refer below steps

1- If there is any firewall between ZD-AP then make sure all required ports are open. Also check if you are able to ping ZD from AP CLI or vice-versa.
2- What is the ZD version you upgraded to?
3- Try SSH into the AP, factory reset it, delete it from ZD.
set factory
reboot
4- now try manually point it to ZD.
set director ip
reboot

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

harry_omm
New Contributor II
Hi Prahlad,

Could you please elaborate the current version of the ZD1200,
as higher model APs not supported with versions started with 9.XX.XX please prefer the 10.XX.XX series firmware.
Other wise you can go with Mr. omer's guideline.

Regards,
Harekrishna.

Hi Harry,

R700 is a EOL AP but it is supported on ZD1200 staring 9.9.x (very first version supported by ZD1200) to 10.3.x (which is 2nd most recent firmware version for ZD1200), so I don't think software compatibility will be an issue, if ZD is not upgraded to latest version 10.4, because R700 is not supported on 10.4 version.

Recommended version for ZD1200 is 10.2.1.0.183 (as of today) and R700 is supported on it.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software_terms_and_conditions/2487-zd1200-10-2-1-0-183-mr1-refres... 

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn