cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete an AP's SSH certificate that does not use the "set factory" command

sungjin_park
New Contributor III

Hi

How to delete an AP's SSH certificate that does not use the "set factory" command ?

The reason why this method is necessary is that the DHCP server in the customer network does not support option43.

So, in the demo network, configure the AP to the controller by configuring the same as the customer's controller IP, and then attach it to the customer's network.

As a result of the test, is it because of the SSH certificate in the controller that was previously linked After attaching to the customer's network, it attaches to the controller about 7 to 8 minutes later.

The method is to attach it to the customer network by using the "set scg ip" command instead of option43 after set factory again.

However, since it takes too much time, if you connect to the controller in the demo network and remove the SSH certificate, it will be able to attach to the controller more quickly when it is attached to the customer network.

I am wondering if there is a way to delete only the SSH certificate of the AP in the same way as above.

Best Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi,

From end user prospective, I don't think there is any other way to reset the certificate without factory reset.

You can update the password from standalone AP GUI but even that also needs a factory reset some times (if AP was managed by controller in past) and a reboot will be required.

I good way to avoid certificate (though I am not sure how certificate can cause delay in AP-SZ communication) is, disable the cert check on controller, so that AP will directly connect to controller without cert check.

Commands are:

enable

config

no ap-cert-check

end

end

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi,

From end user prospective, I don't think there is any other way to reset the certificate without factory reset.

You can update the password from standalone AP GUI but even that also needs a factory reset some times (if AP was managed by controller in past) and a reboot will be required.

I good way to avoid certificate (though I am not sure how certificate can cause delay in AP-SZ communication) is, disable the cert check on controller, so that AP will directly connect to controller without cert check.

Commands are:

enable

config

no ap-cert-check

end

end

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Thank you for answer.

umm.. I'll use "set scg ip" after the "set factory" process.