cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset of t610

namezys
New Contributor III

I got two used T610 and want to install them in school there I have a small WiFi net on R710/R610.

With the first one, there were not any issues: factory reset, login, flash unleashed firmware

However, I can't get access to the second one at all:

• it created a new WiFi SSID: island-xxxxxx (according mac address)
    • I was able to connect using the serial number as WiFi password
    • However, there is no DHCP server and I don't know what IP should I use
  • it requested an IP address from a DHCP server
  • if no DHCP server, he accepts pings to 192.168.0.1
  • all ports are close
    • even 22 SSH: connections refused
    • even 80/443

TCP dump:

IP 0.0.0.0.bootpc > broadcasthost.bootps: BOOTP/DHCP, Request from 18:4b:0d:27:75:40 (oui Unknown), length 548
LLDP, length 165: RuckusAP

Unleashed can not take it.

After the factory reset, nothing happened except it rebooted: the PWR indicator changed to red, then started to blink, and after releasing the button it rebooted.

I'm thinking of installing a virtual controller to proxmox.

What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @syamantakomer 

It was run using a PoE injector with a direct connection to MacBook without any access to any network.  Obviously, it was taken from a working environment and it was not able to reach a controller. Also, the factory reset worked because the username and password were reset to default. However, SSH and HTTP/HTTPS ports were closed even after reset.

Finally, I was able to connect using the console port and flash unleashed using tftp. Of course, It was required open case but because no any warranty I didn't care about it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @namezys,

Island SSID will only broadcast when AP cannot connect to its gateway.

In your case, AP is unable to get IP address. Are you sure AP's port is fine and did you check if switch port where AP is connected, is learning the AP's MAC.

Factory reset should remove any old configuration and hopefully AP was not managed by another controller in the past. If AP was managed by another controller, make sure you remove the AP entry to make sure it will not connected to old controller and may receive network configuration (port type and management VLAN) from it.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hi @syamantakomer 

It was run using a PoE injector with a direct connection to MacBook without any access to any network.  Obviously, it was taken from a working environment and it was not able to reach a controller. Also, the factory reset worked because the username and password were reset to default. However, SSH and HTTP/HTTPS ports were closed even after reset.

Finally, I was able to connect using the console port and flash unleashed using tftp. Of course, It was required open case but because no any warranty I didn't care about it.

While we officially do not suggest opening the AP casing and flash the AP, but user can do it on their own risk and responsibility.

I hope flashing it this way worked for you.

Let us know if you are still facing any issues.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn