cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients won't reconnect after AP Firmware Upgrade...

peter_riederer_
Contributor
Currently we are running AP Firmware 5.1.2.0.373 in our Default Zone, where 4 Zones are included and it works quite fine.

When upgrading to a newer Firmware, last tried with 5.2.1.0.698  - three zones are working as usual, but in one zone clients wont reconnect to the wifi networks anymore, except a few. Mainly we use R500 APs. When downgrading to the old AP Firmware, everything is fine again.

Maybe anyone has an idea, or a hint why this is happening?
6 REPLIES 6

peter_riederer_
Contributor
its on one of our remote site, hence i cannot test so much.

windows 10 laptops e.g. all will disconnect and the wifi-networks are shown as open.
there are some echo dots which dont care they still cann connect, also a few samsung galaxy devices (not all). iOS devices wont connect either.

from 20 devices, only 6 devices will reconnect after the update, mainly with android os. did a downgrade again all is working fine.

but it is just this one site. the other sites are getting the update too, and the devices all work as expected. also tried to create a new AP-Zone but this didnt help either.

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi there,

Could you run the troubleshoot utility from the controller GUI and share the screenshot of client connection?

I think you may need to open a case with support, as this is not something we can fix without in-depth troubleshooting like AP log, controller logs, AP packet captures, etc.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn