cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge Support - ZF7341

asad_faraz
New Contributor II
We have a 4 ZF7341 AP.. I have to bridge my all ZF7341 (Access point) can someone please guide me . what configuration should be use . I cannot find any documentation to support this - in fact most seems to suggest that we have to use controllers for this purpose as 7300 Series does not support bridge option. Please help.
11 REPLIES 11

primoz_marinsek
Valued Contributor
If you don't want to use a ZD you will have to go with the 7731 bridges. They can work in either PtP or PtMP mode.

So to connect those 3 locations you could use just 3 7731 units where one will be the root node and the other 2 can be non-root.

You could even use 6 units and connect the buildings with each other separately. It depends on what you need to achieve a specific task.

jelle_alten_606
Contributor
I'm afraid there is no simple answer.
To give a good advice one should to do a site survey. This will take into account the distance between the locations, structure of walls and ceilings, number of clients devices, kind of usage by client devices, uplink speed, etc etc...

Just one more option: if the APs could reach each other using meshing, and you don't want a ZoneDirector on site, you could perhaps rent space in a ZoneDirector in the cloud. This would mean that the ZoneDirector is somebody else's at a different location, and the AP's will use that ZoneDirector to be able to do meshing.

I could set this up for you as a test so you'll get an idea what that will be like, if you are interested. I have some room in one of my ZDs. That will work with the 4 zf7341 APs you have.