cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoneDirector 1125 seems to be causing frequent connectivity issues

ryan_dougherty_
New Contributor III
Firmware Version 9.6.1.0 build 15

Infrastructure: I have all my WAPs and ZD on a single VLAN(2) that is uplinked to port X4 on a Sonicwall TZ200. My main LAN, VLAN(1) is uplinked to X0 and the WAN (Internet) is uplinked to X1.

Devices: 1x ZD1125, 17x ZoneFlex 7363, 1x Lenovo ThinkPad T430 (Intel Advanced N 6205), Windows 8.1 x64 Update 1, 1x Lenovo ThinkPad T420 Windows 7 X64 SP1, 1x Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.2.2

I have tested with the 3 client devices so far and they all exhibit the same issues with loss of connectivity/dropped packets at the same time. If I set a ping -t from any/all of the client devices connected via wireless to the ZoneDirector itself, I get 100% reply over 10 minutes time. If I try to ping past the ZD to the Internet or a server on the main LAN during that same timeframe, I get intermittent packet loss and will lose connection to a VPN server and Exchange server frequently and at random times. Each of the wireless devices will display the loss of connectivity at the exact same time. I have also set a ping –t from a hard-wired system on the main LAN to the ZD (passing through X0 to X4 on the Sonicwall) during the same tests and found that the ping also received a 100% reply in the same time frame.

This points to the ZoneDirector as the cause/location of the problem.

How can I fix this issue?
3 REPLIES 3

ryan_dougherty_
New Contributor III
Per Ruckus support, I tried changing the SSID and it didn't seem to help. What did seem to fix it was clearing the checkbox for the "Tunnel WLAN traffic to ZoneDirector" option. The connection is now as reliable as it should be.

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Interesting..Did the connectivity return on it's own, or did you have to reset something to restore it? If it comes back on it's own, I would suspect high CPU on the ZD as the underlying root cause (though why becomes the root of that..)

If you had to reset something I'd be more suspicious of a loop or routing issue somewhere.

ryan_dougherty_
New Contributor III
I have several WLANs (SSIDs) and the others turned out to be fine. So I looked at this one and found that Tunnel feature was not enabled on the others so I disabled it and it seems to have corrected the issue.