cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZD1100 stick failure - revived but now cant reinstall software

StHelensIT
New Contributor

Major issues at my Catholic school today -

Randomly this morning the ZD1100 stopped working, and all wireless connectivity for the entire site disappeared!

I've removed the ZD1100 from the cabinet, and have it with me, the configured static IP wasn't working - factory reset it and it connects (eventually) now via the rescue mode bootup, on the default factory IP

It wouldn't let me initiate a FDisk as refused to detect any storage was attached - having removed and reformatted manually via a pc, this now seems to detect on FDisk, and states it is successful - however i am completely unable to successfully perform any software updates upon it. (times out then when refreshing states Update Image Error)

I've tried an alternative usb2 stick which also allows FDisk to wipe, but similarly wont allow me to perform upgrades on it..
I have firmware from the previous upgrade pathway used on this unit, and none will success update-wise.
I downloaded the oldest one visible on the ruckus website (9.1.....38) which also wont succeed .. 
Note: It did randomly say it succeeded on the original stick, with the 9.1.....38 update, but immediately went straight back into recovery mode 

any HELP would be greatly appreciated! 
12 Classrooms have currently been plunged into the stone age with zero connectivity...

ZoneDirector 1100 , with 12-14 Dual band ZoneFlex-7363 AP's, all non-operational
Have tried 9.1.0.0.38 , 9.4.2.0.29 , 9.5.1.0.50 , 9.9.0.0.216 , and the previously up and running latest version of 9.10.2.0.130 , all to no avail

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @StHelensIT,

I suspect its a hardware failure and since ZD1100 is EOL, there is nothing much can be done.

I suggest you either upgrade to ZD1200 (also EOL) and run it on the lowest possible version supported by your AP models (ZD1200 start supporting from 9.9 version).

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @StHelensIT,

I suspect its a hardware failure and since ZD1100 is EOL, there is nothing much can be done.

I suggest you either upgrade to ZD1200 (also EOL) and run it on the lowest possible version supported by your AP models (ZD1200 start supporting from 9.9 version).

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn