cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WLAN Group Query

greg_ashe
New Contributor III
I have 3 WLANs - staff, student & BYOD. I have 2 WLAN Groups - Default which contains all 3 SSIDs and Staff Only which contains only the staff SSID. All my APs (zf7363) are in the Default AP Group. 2 of them I only want to broadcast the staff SSID so in the individual AP properties I set WLAN Group to Staff Only - but they still broadcast all 3 SSIDs. Am I missing something here?
5 REPLIES 5

max_o_driscoll
Valued Contributor
Are all your APs in one AP group> Lateral thunking might suggest this is overriding the AP assignments you are trying to set in WLAN groups. Just a wild guess. Surprisingly confusing.

Screenshot is just to show an AP group and that such a beast exists.

Image_ images_messages_5f91c40e135b77e24793e152_b4ccd49e80daf136bb900ba958481e82_APgroups_inline-996837d9-00e3-4cf5-94d9-d569f33b1c14-1248850928.jpg1413296420

max_o_driscoll
Valued Contributor
So even if you remove a specific WLAN from a WLAN group the AP group might still reference an unintended or default WLAN. Unpick that one.

greg_ashe
New Contributor III
I have created a new AP Group and added an AP to this and changed the WLAN on the AP Group and this appears to work. But what is the purpose of WLAN override on an individual AP if the AP Group trumps it?

sid_sok
Contributor II
The priority goes like this:

Individual AP setting > Specific AP group setting > default AP group setting

@Greg that should have worked. Double check the AP's mac address and make sure it's the AP you applied the individual settings to that is still showing all 3 wlan.

Another thing to be aware of is that you might be seeing the 3 wlan on one of the radio and not both, make sure the individual AP setting has Staff wlan on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio.

If the individual AP setting has the Staff wlan on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio and you are still seeing all 3 wlan, please open a support ticket with our support team.