cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Tech pointed out that Ruckus does not officially support iOS Safari

dan_taylor_7732
New Contributor II
Today after 2 hours, when a support tech couldn't figure out why ipads time out after authentication he pointed me to page 16 of the zone director user manual 9.10 and highlighted "Not Officially supported browsers - Safari, Dolphin, Opera Mini, Android Default, Blackberry Default, etc." Is this true Ruckus does not support safari on ios? If so do we have to change wireless systems /vendors in order to service our customers who use apple ios products.  Also what does ",etc." refer to? 
7 REPLIES 7

dan_taylor_7732
New Contributor II
Sure. Case # 00383082
Thanks!

martin_martin
Valued Contributor
Hi Dan,

I have send an internal note on the case.

To clarify more,.
The mentioning of the non support of Safari on iOS is only related to the web interface of the Zone director.
To manage your ZoneDirector, you will need to use one of the supported browsers as mentioned in our guides.

So of course you and your customer can use your Ruckus access points to go on the internet and browse with Safari or any other browser that the device you are using supports.

Hope this is more clear.

Regarding your case, one of our engineers will contact you.

Kind regards
Martin

dan_taylor_7732
New Contributor II
 Thanks for the reply. 
Someone should definitely address the training of the support rep.
What was very frustrating was the tech refused to proceed with troubleshooting the issue unless I installed Chrome on the ipad, which he expected to resolve the issue. I tried to explain that there isn't any way to separate safari from iOS as the OS calls on safari by default.

Installing apps is not a simple app store download,  since our ipads are supervised we have to use apple configuration to refresh the ipad and reload apps. Once that was done and the ipad was refreshed, chrome was installed but the issue still persisted. He sat idle while all this took place. Huge waste of time.

Thanks for looking into the issue.