cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some devices connect, some will not...same AP?

neal_valcaniant
New Contributor II
Hello, I am new to the tech area and could use some advice. Our school has a Ruckus ZD managing 70 zoneflex 7353's installed in three schools. Here is the problem...yesterday at our high school ONLY we started having connectivity issues with our wireless devices (students & teachers all have iPads)...some would not connect...even in the same room using the same AP? I am baffled by this! I'm sitting here with 2 identical iPads...one connects, one doesn't...same access point? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
9 REPLIES 9

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
I'm stumped. Please continue working with Support on further diagnostics.

mcs_service
New Contributor
Did you ever get a solution to this? I'm curious as well. I've seen similar issues with iDevices on other manufacturer's wireless networks. Wondering if its an Apple issue or you were able to resolve?

trese_chaboya
New Contributor
We are also having an issue with 2 ipads not connecting on our ruckus wireless network using zd 3000 with 9.8.X. Some Ipads work fine these 2 do not.... in any building in the district network. They do work off campus though... any new thoughts on this.

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
Hello Trese Chaboya,

Just for testing if it is possible. Did you see if they connect ok on open WLAN? Do they work on same SSID on a different AP on same location?.

Cheers

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Check the event logs as well? I've had some issues with some clients getting blocked for 30 minutes due to repeated authentication failures. I'm sure it's the client going berserk and doing something wrong, but that'll lead to it being temporarily blacklisted for quite some time.