cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Ruckus zonedirector second hand

sander_groen
Contributor
I have basically 2 questions regarding purchasing a second hand zonedirector (1200).

- Can the hardware be registered to myself, instead of the original  buyer? (I know I can register the S/N via my own ruckus account but I want to know if the ownership of the device can be transferred to me? 

- Is it possible to buy a support contract for a second hand zonedirector 1200? Or even Zoneflex R500 AP for that matter?

Thanks!

Rgds,

Sander 
21 REPLIES 21

erin_mcclellen
Contributor
I'll "me too" this one - we often find customers that simply can't buy new and are more than happy with older, sometimes prior-gen enterprise gear as opposed to brand new consumer junk. Was really hard to get a straight answer on this from a few of the resellers we spoke to.

sander_groen
Contributor
I'm a home enthusiast with 2 zonedirector 1200 to be redundant. 🙂 I don't understand why this seems to be so difficult as I also have hit a wall asking ruckus about this.

erin_mcclellen
Contributor
Needless to say, like many other people, I freelance in IT and having affordable lab equipment at home is a big plus. It also steers my purchasing recommendations - if a vendor makes it easy for me to learn and deploy their gear, they end up getting more recommended.

To be fair, the whole licensing process is screwy.  We bought a ZD1200 and a dozen APs a few weeks back.  The extra AP licenses took OVER A WEEK to be processed by Ruckus, causing us to miss a few deadlines.  We had all the equipment and we were just waiting on some guy in a cubicle to "approve" licenses we already paid for.  All new equipment, just to be clear.  I'm told by our reseller and an Arris rep that long turnarounds on releasing licenses that are paid for is common.

Thankfully it is easier to get a temp AP activation , so you can at least deploy whilst the guy in cubicle hovers his mouse over the approve button.It can be embarrasing at times when the customer is looking at you slightly worried.